The California-Pacific Conference Disaster Response Task Force is monitoring the current and recent fires in the Southern California area and offers the following suggestions to frequently asked questions in responding to the fires:
- Visiting – Please do not make plans to visit the affected areas uninvited. When the need arises, a call for trained volunteers will be made and training will also become made available.
- Supplies – Please do not send physical items such as water, food, or clothing.
- Giving – Please do not send cash. Online donations can be made to the Cal-Pac Disaster Response Task Force via calpacumc.org/donate or here
- Prayer – Keep in prayer survivors and first responders
- Connect – If you are getting this email, you are already signed up to receive announcements and updates on disaster response. To sign up others, share with them calpacumc.org/signup or here
For questions or more information on what can be done to help in this situation, contact Judy Lewis, Cal-Pac United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) Coordinator (email@example.com | 909.731.8248)