St. Andrew’s is seeking a fun, self-motivated person to lead our Sunday school team. We’re looking for someone with a heart for children (preschool through elementary) and their families, strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to work well on a team, and an appreciation for intergenerational relationships. The Children’s Ministry Leader has program responsibilities alongside meaningful ministry opportunities. We’re looking for an individual who can lead well, serve well, and commit to the mission and ministry of St. Andrew’s by-the-Sea UMC.
Individuals best suited for this position will be:
• Committed to growing spiritually in his/her relationship with God
• Able to equip and empower others to do the work of ministry
• Passionate about children and their families
• Excited about helping children grow spiritually
• Organized and able to delegate as needed
• Able to work as part of the Family Ministries team and the larger staff team
Must be present on Sunday mornings for both services from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and must be able to provide coverage for scheduled vacation/time off.
Other times as needed.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Children’s Ministry Leader is responsible for implementing the Sunday School curriculum in the Children’s Center (preschool through grade five) at both services and recruiting servant volunteers to serve in Sunday School.
This position is focused on developing and maintaining St. Andrew’s Sunday School program at a level of excellence.
The Children’s Ministry Leader shall be committed to Jesus Christ and have a strong desire to share the life of Jesus Christ and the Christian faith with others. He or she should be enthusiastic and patient, with a passion for working with young children and families and the ability to relate to them well. A United Methodist Church background and/or experience is desirable.
The Children’s Ministry Leader will work closely with and coordinate with the Director of Program Ministries.
The Children’s Ministry Leader has primary responsibility for planning, implementing and coordinating the Sunday School curriculum.
• Prepare curriculum materials, equipment and other supplies for weekly Sunday School at both services
• Recruit servant volunteers to serve in Sunday School and assist them when necessary
• Coordinate and schedule Sunday School volunteers for Sunday mornings and other weekday programs as necessary
• Share the curriculum with Sunday School volunteers in advance of Sunday School each week
• Be present on Sunday mornings for Sunday School during both services and greet children and volunteers as they arrive
• Lead large group introductory Sunday School activities, if applicable per curriculum
• Clean up and put away Sunday School supplies after Sunday services each week
Reports to the Director of Program Ministries.
How to Apply: Please send your resumé to Emily Bredthauer at email@example.com.