1. Locate, train and mobilize new leaders to increase the ministry base for the local church, districts and annual conference.
2. Coach, team build and resource all levels of leadership for the local church, districts and annual conference.
3. Facilitate assessment of the existing talent to identify strengths and areas needing improvement in the area of leadership. Identify opportunities and plans to develop individuals and teams based on identified needs.
4. Work in collaboration with the Cabinet, Board of Ordained Ministry and Orders to recruit, support and train ministry candidates and potential candidates.
5. Develop appropriate models of leadership for youth, young adults, and adult workers with young people, and provide training for those models to meet the needs of local churches and districts.
6. Enlist and train leaders who are responsible for ongoing production of events and ministries related to lay ministries at all age levels in conjunction with existing groups (Laity Council, CCYM, CCYA, CLM, Lay Servant Ministries, etc.).
7. Work in collaboration with the Director of New Ministries to strengthen the starting of new faith communities and revitalization of existing faith communities.
8. Work in collaboration with the Director of New Ministries to increase the percentage of vital congregations in the annual conference.
9. Work in collaboration with the Director of New Ministries to develop key resources for local congregations in congregational revitalization.
10. Monitor financial activities related to this position and ensure sound financial principles are practiced.
11. Follow the rules and procedures established by the annual conference.
12. Perform other duties as directed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with and relate to all ages of laity and clergy.
• Knowledge of individual assessment tools and methods.
• Knowledge of measurement methods and analysis.
• Ability to develop training programs to meet identified needs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Grounded faith and active spiritual life.
• Must process cross-cultural sensitivity and commitment.
• Knowledge of the United Methodist Church, conference and district structure.
Minimum educational requirement: baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience.
Advanced degree or theological training preferred.
• Lay ministry
• Church leadership
• Congregational development (both new church starts and church revitalization)
• Human development
• Business management
• Succession planning
• Individual and team coaching and mediation
• Development and delivery of training programs
To apply for this position please complete this application and submit with your resume, cover letter, three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.