Position: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive pastor
Supervision: Volunteers and Co-supervise Part-time Assistant
Worshipping through the Musical Arts is an important element for New Church. Music is a critical tool for experiencing worship and unifying the community across all the campuses. The Director of Music Ministry will directly oversee and provide all spiritual leadership and creative support to leading the musical aspect of worship at all campuses, manage the planning and execution of all musical components of worship and other campus special events as needed, including, but not limited to, selection and arranging of music, developing and training volunteer worship leaders, recruiting and training volunteers for bands and choirs, and being a key contributor in the weekly worship planning process.
Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
● Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God.
● Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff covenant.
● Understand and be able to champion the church’s purpose, vision and journey and the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
● Artist with a servant’s heart.
● Proficiency on guitar or piano, preferably both instruments and proven experience as a teacher and instructor.
● Proven experience in performing, training, and directing an eclectic group of musicians in a variety of musical genres.
● Knowledge of modern worship music, ancient-modern hymns, and secular songs appropriate for a worship setting.
● Ability to relate to and lead a multi-generational congregation in worship.
● Ability to see and communicate “big picture” of weekend worship and organize the details.
● Excellent oral communication skills.
● High level of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm.
● Proficiency in computers, Microsoft Office Suite, Media-Shout, and Planning Center Online.
● Capable of maintaining confidences, effectively listening and communicating and able to resolve conflicts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Directly oversee the detailed planning, preparation, and execution of worship music for all campuses. This may include leading choirs, developing a praise band instrumentalists, a potential worship choir, performance and rehearsal responsibilities, special events and religious holidays ensuring the highest levels of excellence in the musical offerings for all worship experiences.
● Assist in the planning of worship with pastor and executive team members.
● Provide leadership for all worship services, rehearsals, and other events as needed.
● Coordinate logistics including set up and tear down for rehearsals and weekend worship service needs.
● Recruit, train, mentor, and empower any and all volunteers .
● Manage all musical instrument and equipment repair, maintenance, replacement and security.
● Attend specified regional and central campus meetings.
● Assist in the recruitment of musicians and selection of music for adult, student, and children’s programs at the campus.
● Attend weekly Staff Meetings and be prepared to give input on Music Ministry.
● Participate in performance reviews (90-Day, six month, and annual); annually thereafter, or as needed.
● Other Duties as assigned.