Director of Youth Ministry Updated: 6/22/18
KARDIA United Methodist Church / 1637 Butler Avenue / Los Angeles, CA 90025
We are seeking an energetic and engaging Christ-centered leader who can mentor, teach, and love our youth (grades 6-12). This candidate will plan and implement creative programs of discipleship, worship and mission for the youth of Kardia UMC to help them grow as vibrant followers of Jesus Christ. Please visit www.kardiachurch.org to learn more about our church community.
1. Design and oversee creative Sunday worship/Bible study programming for both middle school and high school students.
2. Implement programming to develop students’ spiritual growth, coordinating weekly events including weekly gatherings, ongoing Bible studies, and volunteer training.
3. Create and coordinate meaningful special events, such as mission trips, retreats, and service projects.
4. Recruit, train and oversee volunteers for youth programming, including volunteer counselors and teachers.
5. Build relationships with youth and their families through direct communication, including communicating regularly with youth, parents, and staff, utilizing social media, the church website and other forums to advertise events and further the youth programming agenda.
6. Collaborate with other staff to minister to families through training, visitations, and combined worship experiences.
7. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
8. Report annually to the church charge conference.
9. Ensure that youth programs comply with church Safe Gatherings policies so as to create a safe environment for our youth.
10. Manage an annual budget for the ministry.
11. Perform other duties as may be required.
1. Active faith in Jesus Christ and a healthy lifestyle of discipleship.
2. Training and/or experience in youth ministry.
3. Strong program management, leadership, and team-building skills.
4. Ability to teach effectively and to inspire and lead by example.
5. Effective organization and communication skills (oral & written).
6. Must clear Safe Gatherings training and background check prior to beginning employment.
Status: Part-time, approximately 10-15 hours per week.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Application Deadline: July 20, 2018