|Title||Pastor for Older Adult Ministries (First UMC of San Diego)|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
1. Provides pastoral care and sacramental visits to parishioners and keeps the Pastor of Justice and Compassion and pastoral care team informed. Coordinates the visitation teams to the homebound members and friends of the church.
2. Supports the ministry to those grieving through appropriate courses, ministry tools and pastoral calls.
3. Participates with other pastoral staff in officiating funerals and weddings.
4. Participates and supports the overall vision and mission of the entire church which ensures that pastoral care is effectively provided and that seniors are incorporated into all aspects of church life, including social media and online activities.
5. Collaborates in an effective manner with the Pastors Leadership Team of the church in planning and producing the church’s vision assessment and long-range planning.
6. Participates in dynamic and inspirational leadership in the church’s worship and spiritual growth setting as determined by the Lead Pastor.
1. Ordination or Licensure, in good standing, from a recognized and official denominational body. Local Pastor’s License or Ordination as a Deacon or Elder in the United Methodist Church is preferred.
2. Possesses commensurate experience in pastoral care and seniors’ ministries.
3. Demonstrates willingness to be deployed in ministry as subordinate to the Executive Pastor and effectively function as an extension of that office.
Roles and Relationships:
1. Supports the spiritual and theological oversight of the Lead Pastor to the members and staff of the church in order to maintain the integrity of the Church’s mission and vision.
2. Creates and implements procedures for effective communication regarding senior ministry activities.
3. Provides the Pastor of Justice and Compassion with feedback about the overall successes and obstacles in producing fruitful outcomes for all ministry objectives.
4. Functions in compliance with the Safe Sanctuaries Guidelines and the policies and procedures of the First United Methodist Church of San Diego.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Rev. Melissa Spence at FUMC San Diego, 2111 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92018