300-member St. Andrew’s by-the-Sea United Methodist Church in San Clemente, California is looking for a Technical Coordinator.
The Technical Coordinator is responsible for the video and sound projection requirements for both Sunday services as well as seasonal and special services. The Technical Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining the church website, uploading the weekly message or sermon, and preparing weekly e-blasts and monthly Hilltalk newsletter.
- Create all graphic presentations for worship for both Sunday services as well as seasonal liturgical services (e.g. Advent nights, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Children’s service, etc.). The graphics can also be used for the electronic communication (below).
- Develop and maintain slides for worship songs, hymns, announcements, liturgy, and any storyboard, script and original content when needed. Document and upkeep of Dropbox service folder.
- Rip, edit, render, and re-edit movies, film clips, shorts subjects, or original material, for presentation during sermons or messages in worship when needed.
- Prepare slides, run video and sound at Sunday and seasonal services; be available to troubleshoot video and sound at Sunday and seasonal services. Recruit, train, schedule and manage volunteers to also be able to prepare slides and run video and sound.
- Equipment oversight, including the physical prep for each service, software updates, and liaison with the sound contractor.
Salary: Part Time, $18.75/hour up to 12 hours per week. Weddings, memorial services, and special events are separately compensated from fees collected from the ‘client’.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.