Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY) is proud to partner with Abuse Prevention Systems for a two-hour Continuing Education seminar at the Hilton hotel in Pasadena, CA.
This seminar will educate professionals on effective, efficient, and inexpensive tools to reduce the risk of sexual abuse. Organizations with children’s programming can sometimes miss child abuse prevention best practices, but Abuse Prevention Systems can help mitigate this risk.
- The definition of sexual abuse
- Common errors and misconceptions related to sexual abuse and sexual abusers • Abuser characteristics
- Grooming process (grooming children and gatekeepers)
- Common grooming behaviors
- Peer-on-peer abuse
- Impact on children – long and short term
- Reporting responsibilities – authorities & supervisors
- What to do if a child reports abuse
- Methods of reducing risk of sexual abuse
- Tools and resources for reducing risk of sexual abuse
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
*A Continental Breakfast will be served
168 South Los Robles Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91101 | Directions
Hosted parking: Vouchers will be distributed at conclusion of seminar
2 continuing education credits for insurance professionals in CA. Please be sure to bring your license number.
Who Should Attend:
- Any Administrator of an organization that serves children. This can include entities such as schools, YMCAs, churches, child care, and entertainment facilities
- Agency Producers
- Account Executives/Account Managers/CSRs
- Agency Principals
Gregory S. Love, JD
Director, Abuse Prevention Systems Love & Norris, Attorneys at Law
Please RSVP to Terri Thames by August 23, 2013 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.330.2380.