Dates: California & Hawaii: 2 Tuesdays & 2 Thursdays: October 26, October 28, November 2, November 4, 2021
- California & Hawaii:
- 2 Tuesdays & 2 Thursdays: October 26, October 28, November 2, November 4, 2021 (6 PM – 8 PM PDT | 3 PM – 5 PM HST)
- Guam & Saipan:
- 2 Wednesdays & 2 Fridays: October 27, October 29, November 3, November 5, 2021 (11 AM – 1 PM ChST)
Cost: $75. The purchase of a PDF book from Upper Room is also required for $25.
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 15, 2021
This course is open to participants from all Cal-Pac districts. A minimum number of participants is required; if the class is canceled because not enough people register, registrants will be notified by email and those who have paid will be refunded. The maximum number of participants is 24.
All those seeking certification as a Certified Lay Minister who need Cycle A are invited to participate, as well as all those who are currently Certified Lay Servants. This course qualifies as a Lay Servant Ministries Advanced class and as a prerequisite for Certified Lay Minister status.
- Attendance is required at all sessions for credit, as well as a two-hour assignment beyond the classroom, for a total of 10 hours.
- Instructor is the Rev. John Farley, the Assistant to the Bishop for Leadership. He is an active elder in full connection and has previously served as a District Superintendent, Cabinet Dean, and as a senior pastor in the local church.
- Materials: Participants should have a copy of Call and Covenant for Ministry, available from the Upper Room.
- Zoom information will be included in your confirmation email.
- Technical requirements: To participate in Zoom meetings, participants must have a reliable Internet connection, and a laptop, tablet, or smartphone device that can download and install the Zoom app. A web or phone camera and a microphone are highly recommended, although some users may call in via phone if a mic is not available.
For questions, contact Rev. John Farley at email@example.com.