Dates: California: Session 1: Friday, March 12, 2021 (4 PM - 6 PM PST) Session 2:
- Session 1: Friday, March 12, 2021 (4 PM – 6 PM PST)
- Session 2: Saturday, March 13, 2021 (3 PM – 5 PM PST)*
- Session 3: Friday, March 19, 2021 (4 PM – 6 PM PDT)
- Session 4: Saturday, March 20, 2021 (10 AM – 12 Noon PDT)
- Session 1: Friday, March 12, 2021 (2 PM – 4 PM HST)
- Session 2: Saturday, March 13, 2021 (1 PM – 3 PM HST)*
- Session 3: Friday, March 19, 2021 (1 PM – 3 PM HST)
- Session 4: Saturday, March 20, 2021 (7 AM – 9 AM HST)
- Guam & Saipan:
- Session 1: Saturday, March 13, 2021 (10 AM – 12 Noon ChST)
- Session 2: Sunday, March 14, 2021 (9 AM – 11 AM ChST)*
- Session 3: Saturday, March 20, 2021 (9 AM – 11 AM ChST)
- Session 4: Sunday, March 21, 2021 (3 AM – 5 AM ChST)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 11, 2021
This class is open to participants from all Cal-Pac districts.
* Please note the change in time for Session 2 from previous announcement.
All those seeking certification as a Certified Lay Minister who need Cycle A are invited to participate, as well as all those who are currently Certified Lay Servants.
- This course qualifies as a Lay Servant Ministries Advanced class, as well as a prerequisite for Certified Lay Minister status.
- Attendance is required at all sessions for credit, as well as a two-hour assignment beyond the classroom, for a total of 10 hours.
- Instructor is the Rev. Dr. Faith Conklin, a retired elder in the California-Pacific Conference. She has previously served as a district superintendent and is the Director for the Western Jurisdiction Course of Study. She has taught Worship and Sacraments for over 25 years.
- Materials: Participants should have a current Methodist Hymnal (Cokesbury) and Book of Worship (Cokesbury). No other materials are required.
- Zoom information will be included in your confirmation email.
- Technical requirements: To participate in Zoom meetings, participants must have a reliable Internet connection, and a laptop, tablet, or smartphone device that can download and install the Zoom app. A web or phone camera and a microphone are highly recommended, although some users may call in via phone if a mic is not available.
A minimum number of participants is required; if the class is canceled because not enough people register, registrants will be notified by email and those who have paid will be refunded.
For questions, contact Rev. Dr. Faith Conklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.