***Notice: 8/7/2019 This event has been cancelled*** Friday, August 16, 2019 (6:00 PM - 9:30 PM) & Saturday, August 17, 2019 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cost
***Notice: 8/7/2019 This event has been cancelled***
Friday, August 16, 2019 (6:00 PM – 9:30 PM) & Saturday, August 17, 2019 (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Cost & Deadline: $40 through August 8, 2019. Registration after August 8 on-site for $45 (cash or check only).
About the Courses & Instructors:
- For credit, attendance is required at all sessions.
- Basic Class in English. Instructor is David Center. This course is foundational for all Lay Servant Ministries courses. Participants are encouraged to discover their personal spiritual gifts and to consider the importance of exercising servant leadership, developing future leaders, remaining rooted in consistent spiritual practices, and being part of a group that encourages members in their discipleship.
- Lead in Conflict Resolution. Instructor is Rev. Eric Schmidt. Advanced class. This class is a practical guide for addressing conflict in the church. Lay Servants will learn how to lead and be empowered to help in times of conflict and transformation.
- Justice in Everyday Life. Instructors are Rev. Tom Rothhaar and Laura Rothhaar. Advanced Class. This course looks at the Social Principles of the United Methodist Church and how they apply in our lives and relationships with others.
- Lead in Evangelism. Instructor is Rev. David Jamir. Advanced Class. This course leads participants in how to practice John Wesley’s relational evangelism. They will discover evangelism involves is not only sharing our faith with others but also welcoming people into a community where they can grow in faith.
The new schedule for classes this year is
- Friday, 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Registration
- Friday, 6:30 PM: Session 1
- Friday, 8:15 PM: Break
- Friday, 8:30 PM: Session 2
- Saturday, 8:00 AM: Continental Breakfast
- Saturday, 8:30 AM: Session 3
- Saturday, 10:30 AM: Break
- Saturday, 10:45 AM: Session 4
- Saturday, 12:45 PM: Lunch
- Saturday, 1:15 PM: Session 5
- Saturday, 3:15 PM: Break
- Saturday, 3:30 PM: Worship & Presentation of Certificates
- Saturday, 4:30 PM: Close in Prayer
For more information about this event, contact Pat Hogan at 987 Avenal Way, Beaumont, CA 92223.
Register online HERE.
august 16 (Friday) - 17 (Saturday)
437 W San Bernardino Rd, Covina, CA 91723
Lay Servant Ministries