This month, we celebrate with gladness that 10 of our local churches in the California-Pacific Annual Conference are currently at, or exceed, 100% Apportionment Giving:
- Kam-Nam UMC (103%) – Hawaii
- Pacific Islanders UMC (100%) – Hawaii
- Aldersgate UMC (100%) – Hawaii
- First Tongan UMC of Hawaii (100%) – Hawaii
- Honoka’a UMC (100%) – Hawaii
- Na’alehu UMC (100%) – Hawaii
- Huntington Park First UMC (100%) – West
- Inglewood First UMC (100%) – West
- Pico Rivera UMC (100%) – West
- Silverado UMC (100%) – West
The Hawaii District is certainly a leader in apportionment giving. District Superintendent Rev. Dr. Tom Choi notes that the Hawaii District appreciates how apportionment giving benefits the entire connection. “In believing this, our Hawaii District encourages even our mission congregations to voluntarily give a gift towards apportionment,” Choi says.
We will continue to celebrate our attitude of abundance with stories of ministry across our Cal-Pac Conference that illuminate the ways by which Christ Jesus sustains and strengthens us in connectional disciple-making for the transformation of the world.
The full Cal-Pac Apportionment Giving Report (August 2013) is available here