Today, Bishop Minerva G. Carcaño wrote a letter of support to Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church of Charleston, South Carolina.
In addition to this letter, Bishop Carcaño invites all laity, clergy, and local churches to be in relationship and prayer with local African Methodist Episcopal churches through such actions as:
Read the Letter
- Visiting a local AME church and sharing a message of love and support for them as United Methodists
- Setting up a pulpit exchange with a local AME congregation in order to build and strengthen our relationships
- Gathering United Methodist and AME women for an afternoon of fellowship and conversation about what the shooting at Emanuel AME Church means for all of us
- Covenanting to be in prayer with an AME congregation
- Planning a children’s activity for UM and AME children to get to know each other and learn that we are all Methodists and together members of the body of Christ