Recently, our friends from the Mountain Sky Conference of the Western Jurisdiction of The United Methodist Church posted this important reminder about their official Conference communications:
- Official conference emails will come from @mtnskyumc.org email addresses. If you receive an email that seems odd, email email@example.com immediately.
- Do not respond/click on links from suspicious email addresses. The conference will only ask for personal information through official channels, such as registrations and surveys. If you receive an email asking for a phone number/email address, make sure it is from one of the conference email addresses, and if you are unsure, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our official social media channels are listed here. If you get a request or message from any other entity than those listed, it is not from the conference. Please email email@example.com with any fraud social media page requests.
- Bishop Karen Oliveto has personal social media pages at this time, but several fake accounts have been created. Bishop Oliveto communicates officially through conference channels. Any other communication claiming to be from the bishop via social media will be from a fake account.
Similar cues can be taken in recognizing official communications from the California-Pacific Conference in that:
- Official Conference emails originate from firstname.lastname@example.org. Customarily, Cal-Pac emails end at the bottom with a white “square California-Pacific Conference cross and flame logo” on a black background. Staff or other emails originate from @calpacumc.org email addresses.
- Official California-Pacific Conference social media accounts are via Facebook and Twitter. Conference ministry-specific accounts are listed on our website on each ministry’s page.
- Bishop Grant J. Hagiya does not have an official Facebook Page (which is different than an “account”) and communicates officially via Conference Communications.
- Do not respond/click on links from suspicious email addresses or social media accounts
- Any questions or reports about communications can be directed to email@example.com immediately