About North District
From the mountains to the sea, from the high deserts to the downtowns, the North District of the California-Pacific Conference of the United Methodist Church covers almost 1/5th of the State of California. We are a people of such diverse communities, yet we are all children of God- serving the people of God, our diversity is not a division. We are tied together by the 1, 5, 14, 101, 118, 126, 134, and 210 freeways. More importantly, we are tied together by the Holy Spirit.
As we live and love the communities from Pasadena to Bishop, Malibu to Paso Robles, and all persons in between, we love as Christ loves us. The challenges to reach multi-generations of nominally religious, but spiritually hungry, people is not a small task. Yet, when the Lord calls us to a big task, the Lord provides an abundance of resources.
Therefore, the North District Office and Leadership Team are here to support and resource the ministries of this great district. We are all about becoming faithful Disciples of Jesus Christ so we can lead others into a relationship with Jesus Christ. We are all about loving as Christ loves in our vast communities. We are all about meeting the spiritual and physical needs of the lost, the marginalized, and the sojourners in our land.
Rev. James R. Powell
District Superintendent, North District
- District Committee on Ordained Ministry (DCOM)
- District Planning and Strategy Committee (DPAS)
- District Latino Ministries Committee
- District Lay Servant Ministries (Lay Speaking)
- District Superintendency Committee
- District Union (NDU)
- District Lay Leaders
- District Chancellor
- United Methodist Men (UMM)
- United Methodist Women (UMW)
- Rev. James R. Powell, Superintendent, North District
- Rev. Mary Dennis, Change Manager, North District
- Dorrel Atteberry, Administrative Assistant, North District
- 9003 Reseda Boulevard, Suite 206, Northridge, CA 91324
818.882.8005 | 818.882.8007[f]