Rev. Cathie Capp, currently appointed to University United Methodist Church (Irvine, CA), recently reported on the South Orange County II Mission Area participation in a collective mission project addressing the humanitarian crisis at the border. Several congregations in the area donated in support of the Safe Harbors Network, based inside Christ Ministry Center building.
The many immigrant, asylum seekers, and refugee families being provided temporary shelter by the Safe Harbors Network are very appreciative of the generous outpouring of much needed supplies. The work provided by the South Orange County II Mission Area network helped to provide relief.
Though the humanitarian crisis is not complete, this is a start. We want to thank the following churches for their donations and participation.
- Santa Ana UMC – 13 cases of hotel size bar soap (each case contains 225 bars)
- Aldersgate UMC (Tustin) – 328 rolls of paper towels
- Newport Center UMC – 23 boxes of diapers, baby wipes, plus $540 for future purchases as needed
- University UMC (Irvine) – 24 tote bags filled with diapers, wipes, and feminine hygiene products
- Christ Church by the Sea – collection to be provided at a later date
Blessings to all of you for having a caring heart.
Learn about the Cal-Pac South District via the button below…