“I See a New Church” is the theme of the upcoming 35th Session of the California-Pacific Conference 2019. As we as a denomination and an annual conference live into this changing reality, Resident Bishop Grant J. Hagiya and his cabinet wish to share the following clergy appointments that have been confirmed to date. Except where noted, each appointment will begin July 1, 2019.
- Pastor John (Sione) Atu to Evangelical UMC of Whittier
- Rev. Karen Ristine to Claremont UMC
- Rev. Stephen Meadors to Estero Bay UMC
- Rev. Greg Pittman to Lancaster UMC
- Rev. Steve Poteete-Marshall to Atascadero UMC
- Rev. Joy Price to First UMC of Lompoc
- Rev. Kathleen Puntar to Moorpark UMC
- Pastor Richard Annett to Palisades UMC, Capistrano Beach
- Rev. George Hooper to Community UMC of Huntington Beach
- Rev. Darren Cowdrey to Belmont Heights UMC
- Rev. Erika Gara to Redondo Beach First UMC
- Rev. Molly Vetter to Westwood UMC
- Rev. John Woodall to CEO and President, Cal-Pac United Methodist Foundation (begins June 1, 2019)
Please keep these pastors and their families, as well as the congregations they leave and those who will receive them, in your prayers.
Further appointment announcements will be made at the appropriate time.