Date: California & Hawaii: August 27, 2022 (11 AM - 1 PM PDT | 8 AM - 10 AM HST) Guam & Saipan: August 28, 2022 (4
- California & Hawaii: August 27, 2022 (11 AM – 1 PM PDT | 8 AM – 10 AM HST)
- Guam & Saipan: August 28, 2022 (4 AM – 6 AM ChST)
RSVP Deadline: August 24, 2022
This event is for those discerning a call to Ordained Ministry or Licensing as a Local Pastor.
The Orientation to Ministry provides a space for those who are discerning a call to leadership within or through the United Methodist Church to learn about the distinctions between ordination, licensing, and certification for ministry, as well as to meet others who are also beginning this journey in our Conference.
This year, you can expect to share in a time of devotion, meet other candidates for ministry and key members of Board of Ordained Ministry (BOM), learn more about “calling” and how to identify your unique call within a UM framework, as well as to interact with a panel of ministers serving in the roles of Elder, Deacon, Licensed Local Pastor, and Certified Lay Minister.
If you’re just getting started, we’ll help you identify what steps to take first in your process. And, if you’re well on your way, you can stick around afterwards for a Candidacy Process Q&A with the Associate Director of BOM Cathy Wilson or Conference Candidacy Chairperson Rev. Dr. Elbert Kim.
Zoom link will be sent out the day before the event to registered candidates.
- Technical requirements: To participate in Zoom meetings, participants must have a reliable Internet connection, and a laptop, tablet, or smartphone device that can download and install the Zoom app. A web or phone camera and a microphone are highly recommended, although some users may call in via phone if a mic is not available.
For questions, please contact:
- Rev. Darin Arntson, Board of Ordained Ministry Vocational Discernment Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- Cathy Wilson, Associate Director to the Board of Ordained Ministry & Orders Executive Committee (email@example.com).