In the United Methodist Church the end of June and the beginning of July mean one BIG thing: “Change”! For many churches and pastors this is the time to say farewell and welcome to pastors moving to a new church as a part of the itinerate system characteristic of United Methodism. For every church and every pastor it is also the beginning of a new appointment year which runs from July 1 to June 30 each year.
To make life a little easier this year, the Conference is providing another online virtual worship service for June 27, 2021. Participants from churches all around the conference have submitted portions of the service, and the sermon will be in English and Spanish.
Pastors and worship teams may use any portion or the entire service as their resources for Sunday worship on June 27. Even if you do not use this service on this Sunday, feel free to use it when you need to or just enjoy it as an additional opportunity to worship God!
There are two ways of accessing the video files. First, the entire worship service is downloadable as one file. Or, each part of the worship service is downloadable at their corresponding Vimeo page. Look for the “Download” button below the video, to the right.
A) Entire Worship Service (in English) – VIEW/DOWNLOAD HERE
This is the complete worship service. Please note that it can be a large file size to download.
B) Parts of the Worship Service
- Prelude: “Every Time I Feel The Spirit” (Bellflower First UMC Youth Praise Choir)
- Call To Worship: Rev. John Farley, South DS & Dean of Cabinet
- Special Music: “Your Will Your Way” (Foothills UMC Witness Praise Band)
- Witness from the World: Mele Maka, Conference Lay Leader
- Affirmation of Faith: “I Believe” John Le, Karen Nong, Kent Nong, Tho Chau, Britney Hoang, Annie Le, Kenny Tran, Alex Chau, Hau Tran (guided by Linhvu Nguyen, Good Shepherd UMC of Westminster Youth/YA Director)
- Special Music: “Do It Again” (Christ UMC English Ministry Praise Team)
- Prayer of Confession & Lord’s Prayer: Rev. Gary Bernard Williams, JCEMT Vice Chair, Church & Society
- Witness from the Word: Genesis 12:1-9 Rev. Moonyoung Lee, Hawaii DS
- in English: “The Call” Rev. Jim Powell, North DS
- in Spanish: “El Llamado a Nuevos Lugares” Rev. Joel Hortiales, Director of Hispanic/Latino Ministries & Border Concerns
- Special Music: “They’ll Know We Are Christians By Our Love” (Centenary UMC Praise Band)
- Benediction & Sending Forth: Rev. John Farley, South DS & Dean of Cabinet
- Postlude: “Toccata” (Dr. Jaebon Hwang, First UMC of San Diego Organist & Interim Director of Music Ministries)