Dates: California & Hawaii: Wednesdays, Nov. 10, Nov. 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15, 2021 (7 PM - 9
- California & Hawaii: Wednesdays, Nov. 10, Nov. 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15, 2021 (7 PM – 9 PM PST | 5 PM – 7 PM HST)
- Guam & Saipan: Thursdays, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, Dec. 2, Dec. 9, Dec. 16, 2021 (1 PM – 3 PM ChST)
Cost: Free but you must provide your own book (see below).
RSVP Deadline: Monday, Nov. 1, 2021
Classes are open to participants from all districts (limited to first 36 participants).
This is the beginning class for all interested in Lay Servant Ministry. This Basic Class is divided into 5 sessions.
- Session I: Ministry of the Baptized
- Session II: Leading
- Session III: Caring
- Session IV: Communicating
- Session V: Into the World
The instructor is Howard Fallman, the Conference Director of Lay Servant Ministries.
- Order this book: Lay Servant Ministries, Participant’s Book (Basic Course) by Sandy Jackson and Brian Jackson from Amazon or Cokesbury.
- Attendance is required at all sessions for credit. All those seeking certification as a Certified Lay Servant are invited to attend. The BASIC class and one Advanced Class is required to successfully apply for Certified Lay Servant status.
- Technical requirements: To participate in Zoom meetings, participants must have a reliable Internet connection, and a laptop, tablet, or smartphone device that can download and install the Zoom app. A web or phone camera and a microphone are highly recommended, although some users may call in via phone if a mic is not available.
Zoom information will be included in the confirmation and reminder emails.
For questions, contact Howard Fallman at email@example.com or the Connectional Ministries Administrative Assistant Marissa Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.