Courageouns Conversations (Discipleship Ministries)
Discussion Guide w/ Young People (Discipleship Ministries)
Difficult Conversations Readiness Covenant
By Rev. Darin Arntson
Associate Director of Leadership
Adapted from Brene Brown’s “Engaged Feedback Checklist”
- We are ready to sit next to the person, rather than across from them.
- We are willing to put the problem in front of both of us rather than between us (or sliding it to the side).
- We are ready to listen, ask questions, and accept that we may not fully understand the issue (or the other perspective).
- We recognize and affirm the gifts of the other person and the faithful witness they offer.
- We can offer accountability without shaming or blaming.
- We are willing to own our part.
- We can model the vulnerability and openness We expect to see from the other person.