Announcing the Cal-Pac Best Practices Summit 2014 at University of Redlands, Tuesday, June 17th from 1:00PM to 5:00PM!
Members of the Cal-Pac Conference Connectional Ministries Staff and other Conference Staff members will host a one day Summit to learning, sharing, and growing in best practices in a variety of aspects of ministry. Participants will choose one of the gatherings listed below. In addition to the teaching within the gathering, participants will be encouraged to share best practices of their own.
1:00PM -1:45PM — Opening
2:00PM – 4:30PM — Best Practice Gatherings
- The Complexity of Hispanic Latino Ministries
Rev. Joel Hortiales, Associate Director of Hispanic/Latino Ministries
- Best Practices in Congregational Youth Ministry
Erin Foellmi, Manager of Young Adult Ministry
- Best Practices in Congregational Health and Growth
Rev. Nicole Reilley, Interim Director of New Ministries
- Best Practices in Creation Care for Local Congregations and Communities
Rev. David Berkey, Director of Camping Ministries
- Best Practices in Generosity and Stewardship
Rev. Dr. Steve Hundley, Director of Connectional Ministries
- Best Practices in Church Based Social Change
Rev. Jennifer Gutierrez, Interim Director of Justice and Compassion Ministries
- Best Practices in Children’s Ministry
Katie Kevorkian, Imagine No Malaria Field Coordinator
- Best Practices in Communicating Inside and Outside of Church
James J. Kang, Director of Communications
Sophia Agtarap, Minister of Online Engagement (Rethink Church, United Methodist Communications)
4:30PM – 5:00PM — Communion and Closing
There is no cost to participate in the Summit. RSVP is required for the purpose of offering proper hospitality.
[tw-button size=”large” background=”” color=”” target=”_blank” link=”www.calpacumc.org/register”]RSVP ONLINE NOW[/tw-button]