The Fellowship is pleased to announce that applications for 2014-15 scholarship opportunities are now available on its website.
These scholarships include:
- Memorial Scholarships (music)
- Thom Jones Scholarships (in the arts other than music)
- Robert Schilling Music Scholarship for a rising college freshman or sophomore
Applications can be downloaded at UMFellowship.org. The application deadline is March 15.
All applicants must be students who are planning a career in church music and/or worship arts.
In addition, all applicants must:
- Be a music degree candidate intending to pursue a career in sacred music, either entering as a freshman or already enrolled in an accredited university, college, or school of theology; OR be pursuing academic education in worship or the arts related to worship.
- Be a member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year immediately before applying; or, if a member of another Christian denomination, be employed in The United Methodist Church for at least one year immediately before applying; and give evidence of strong Christian character and participation in Christian activities of the church and/or campus.
- Demonstrate evidence of exceptional musical or other artistic talent, effective leadership ability, and outstanding promise of future usefulness to the Church in the areas of music and/or worship.
United Methodist students who do not meet the above criteria should contact the Scholarship Office at the UM General Board of Higher Education and Ministry for other scholarship opportunities. For more information on those options, visit the GBHEM website or call 615-340-7346.