Update: The contact information has been updated with a new email address.
The California-Pacific Conference and its Disaster Response Task Force are seeking volunteers to work on restoring living quarters for refugees on the CST campus in Claremont, California. Work includes bed assembling, cleaning, painting, shelving, installing locks, and working on HVAC equipment, as skills allow.
Volunteers may sign up as part of a team or as individuals and be at least 16 years old.
- must wear masks, closed-toe shoes, and long sleeves as needed to complete the work.
- are preferred to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Self-attestation is requested during the RSVP.
- should bring a sack lunch. Meals will not be provided.
- may bring their own tools, but that is not required. All necessary tools and materials will be provided.
- must complete the Medical & Liability Release, and the Media Release, (both part of the RSVP form) with a signature from the volunteer (if an adult) or from a parent/guardian (if a minor).
Volunteers wishing to stay overnight should:
- be prepared to stay in a college dormitory room;
- bring all their own bedding, towels, personal supplies, snacks/drinks/water, etc. to make themselves comfortable.
- Minors must be chaperoned by a parent/guardian or by an adult who has been verified and approved by Safe Gatherings.
For questions, contact Judy Lewis at DFJKLewis2@yahoo.com or 909.731.8248.