Dates: California & Hawaii: June 5-7, 2023 (6 PM - 8 PM PDT | 3 PM - 5 PM HST) Guam & Saipan: June 6-8, 2023 (11 AM - 1 PM ChST) Location:
- California & Hawaii: June 5-7, 2023 (6 PM – 8 PM PDT | 3 PM – 5 PM HST)
- Guam & Saipan: June 6-8, 2023 (11 AM – 1 PM ChST)
Location: online (Zoom)
This year’s annual conference will include online Pre-Conference Workshops, June 5-7 (PDT/HST), via Zoom. These workshops are tied to the Conference theme Nourish and the vision of Ending Spiritual and Physical Hunger.
Led by staff members of the UMC’s General Agencies, community partner organizations, and subject matter experts, these workshops will provide an opportunity for members of our Conference to learn more about the primary sources of spiritual and physical hunger in the world and about how to find and offer nourishment for those hungers. Some of the topics will include:
- re-imagining worship for both in-person and online audiences
- examining identity intersections in race and ethnicity, gender, culture, social location, and ability
- mental health and self-care
- building community
- climate care
- leading through change
- report from the border
Registration is required for all workshops. The appropriate Zoom link for your workshop will be emailed to you once you have registered. They are free, and everyone is welcome!
To learn more about the workshops, visit calpacumc.org/ac2023/workshops.
Sessions Task Force