Ministry Innovator (PAID) Internship
View Flyer (PDF)
Do you know a young adult leader ready for the next step in leading dynamic, missionally aligned ministry?
The Wesley Ministry Innovator Internship is an opportunity to grow in community, to experiment boldly, and to learn new ways to follow the Spirit. The internship is a one-year, cohort-based experience that includes community formation, spiritual direction, graduate-level courses, and hands-on experience leading innovation. Each intern earns a $4000 stipend, travel opportunities, consulting training and experience, and four graduate academic course credits.
This Is For You – Even if You Aren’t in Seminary – Who Can Apply?
- The cohort will be an even mix of seminarians and laity.
- College graduates 29-years-old and younger interested in working with congregations who are seeking to change and to engage young adults in new ways.
- Seminarian applicants must be enrolled as a master’s level student at Wesley or any member school of the Washington Theological Consortium and may not have already graduated as of the start of the cohort.
How will Ministry Innovators Engage the Church and the World?
- LEARN fresh ways to meet other young adults where they are in their faith journey.
- RESEARCH what works with congregations who are committed to building community with young adults and collaborate with churches that are ready to experiment.
- LEAD change through ministry experiments developed in the Wesley Innovation Hub.
- FACILITATE COMMUNITY among others seeking to do innovative ministry by creating conversation, engaging questions, and hosting forums in the Wesley Innovation Hub app.
Year in the Life of a Ministry Innovator (MI):
MI Interns are required to be fully present during the following in-person and online events/check-ins:
- January 6-13, 2024: Travel immersion to San Antonio, TX
- January-May, 2024: Virtual Seminary Course Innovative Ministry by Design. Approximately 7 required virtual evening sessions from 7-9 p.m. ET, with other work done asynchronously online.
- August 8-11, 2024: Mid-year retreat in the Washington, DC area
- August – December: Work with faculty/staff to prepare and facilitate a design thinking course for congregational teams in Fall ’24, then serving as a coach for individual congregations
- Monthly: Online group spiritual direction with the cohort and check-ins with other faculty/staff as needed to plan the fall innovation course and shepherd a congregation well.
All tuition and all travel expenses for in-person commitments will be paid by Wesley Theological Seminary.
Email us: email@example.com
Transportation to the Bolger Center is not included. (We see you, West Coast! You’re invited as long as you pay for the flights!)
Questions? Schedule a 15-minute chat with us! Visit https://calendly.com/bludlum/15min.
Apply by October 31, 2023 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8HCQXMS