Update: Following the first workday (Oct. 16), the next workdays have been scheduled to be Friday, Oct. 22, and Saturday, Oct. 23. Overnight volunteers are asked to pay $10/night to cover the cost of utilities. Volunteers wishing to stay overnight should:
- Be prepared to stay in a college dormitory room.
- Bring all your own bedding, towels, personal supplies, snacks/drinks/water, etc. to make yourself comfortable.
- Minors must be chaperoned by a parent/guardian or by an adult who has been verified and approved by Safe Gatherings.
The California-Pacific Conference is seeking volunteers to work on restoring and beautifying the Claremont School of Theology campus in Claremont, California, in preparation for the return of the seminary to the campus. Work includes landscaping and painting. Skilled labor is not required.
Who are invited: Volunteers may sign up as part of a team or as individuals and be at least 16 years old.
Volunteer participants must:
- Wear masks, closed-toe shoes, and long sleeves for the day.
- Masks must remain on when in the company of others in the same space.
- Volunteers are preferred to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Self-attestation is requested during the RSVP below. Proof may be required by the team leader for certain assignments in enclosed spaces. Documentation of vaccine status beyond self-attestation will not be stored at this time, although this requirement may change based on changing county & state guidelines.
- Volunteers should bring a sack lunch. Meals will not be provided.
- Volunteers may bring their own tools, but that is not required. All necessary tools and materials will be provided.
- Complete the Medical & Liability Release, and the Media Release, (both part of this RSVP form) with a signature from the volunteer (if an adult) or from a parent/guardian (if a minor).
For questions, contact Judy Lewis at DFJKLewis@aol.com or 909.731.8248.