Due to some technical difficulties (clerical error in 2019) GCFA has been working to get the EZRA system operational to open the 2020 Tables. We are pleased to report that the 2020 EZRA Tables are now open. The EZRA system is now available for filling out the 2020 Tables information, the deadline for submitting tables information is Friday, March 12, 2021. There was a continued improvement in submissions last year and with more planning and training there can be more improvement this year. PLEASE NOTE THE PASSWORDS ARE CLEARED with the launching of each year, see instructions below.
- All churches are required to complete Table 1, Table 2 Supplement, Table 2 and Table 3. Mission Congregation are required to complete only Table 1. Please heed to the following tips and instructions as you begin entering the Tables information for your local church.
- Please note that we will be sending this in email to multiple contacts for your Church in order to get the information to the correct person.
- The Church User Guide is on this page (www.calpacumc.org/tables). You can also go directly to: https://ezra.gcfa.org/
- We have created two users for each church. Please DO NOT share User IDs. If additional users are necessary, contact Kathy Trcopan at the Conference office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The User ID is your church GCFA number followed by the letter “p” for the primary user and the letter “o” for the other user (if there is one). If you don’t know your GCFA number, it is located on your monthly giving statement. You can also contact the District Statistician (listed under 02. in “The Details” of this page) or Conference office: email@example.com
- The temporary password is: calpac The system will require you to change it to your own password when you log in. Note your password from last year has been cleared and you will need to create a new one or recreate it for this year.
- Our conference does not use Alignment Number so leave that box with zeros.
- The Table titled “Table 2 Supplement” needs to be completed before you complete Table 2 as there is data on the Table 2 Supplement that will auto-fill in the Table 2.
- The Table 2 and Table 2 Supplement are customized for California-Pacific Annual Conference. It will not match what is on the GCFA web site.
- Please email your district statisticians if you need help with the Tables.
The deadline for the Tables completion is Friday, March 12, 2021.
Paragraph 340 from the Book of Discipline 2016 is clear on the responsibility of Elders and Licensed Pastors regarding Tables data submission: ¶340.2.(c)(2)(f) To care for all church records and local church financial obligations, and certify the accuracy of all financial, membership, and any other reports submitted by the local church to the annual conference for use in apportioning costs back to the church.
Dorothy Kawamoto: firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting via EZRA your Tables 1, 2 Supplement, 2 & 3 in a timely manner the conference can meet GCFA’s deadline for data submission. This year we will not be able to extend the deadline; we will work as to make sure there is no delay for our submission to GCFA which would hinder the work in the entire connection.
- All Tables are for the calendar year 2020. (The previous year data will show in the column to the left of the 2020 entry box.)
- Table 1 is for membership and worship reporting.
- Table 2 Supplement is for Pastor(s) expense information.
- Table 2 is for reporting the church assets and operating expenses.
- Table 3 is for reporting church income.
- Table 2 Supplement is for breakdown of all pastors’ salaries, pension, health, housing and any salary assistance appointed to your local church. The lead pastor salary, pension and health benefits are reduced by 80% before apportionments are calculated. If there is more than one lead pastor in the calendar 2020 year combine the data to include the entire year.
- The names are needed of the associate pastors and a warning box will pop-up after you save so you can type in the name. The second language associate pastors who are appointed by the Bishop also have the 80% reduction; therefore, we require the associate pastor(s)’s name and relevant information.
- Table 1 – Line 7: For 2020 only use the weeks that you had full in-person services.
- Table 1 – Line 7a: In 2020, many churches initiated online services using various platforms. See instructions from the platform to determine views that were hits or watches based upon viewing time (the length of time considered a watch may vary by conference).
- Table 2 – Line 27: If the church received a loan from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) as part of the CARES Act that has not been forgiven, include the loan balance here. This just tells that there is a loan amount.
- Table 3 – Line 54c: Enter the amount received from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) as part of the CARES Act here (whether it’s been forgiven or not).
- Both lines 27 and 54c – will not be used to calculate apportionments.
Please do not hesitate to call the conference office or your district statistician if you need any help with the Tables – we will be happy to assist you.