The Delegation is comprised of those elected at Annual Conference to participate in the General Conference of The United Methodist Church.
Our Cal-Pac General/Jurisdictional Conference Delegation is working on several tasks:
- Leading our Annual Conference’s envisioning of a new, inclusive form of Methodism. This includes drafting concrete proposals for our organizational future, including disaffiliation. (This task was assigned to the delegation by a resolution passed during Annual Conference 2019.)
- Preparing for the 2020 General Conference (now postponed to September 2021)
- Preparing for the 2020 Western Jurisdictional Conference (now postponed to November 2021)
In the midst of many uncertainties about how decisions of our General Conference and world events will impact our future, we wanted to communicate about what our priorities and options are. Information here is organized around these three, large tasks. We present resources here to keep you informed, and also to ask for your input in help.
We think all of it connects to the identity and values of our Annual Conference, and our shared theology of grace. This is our beginning point.
- AC2021: Saturday Conversation – Theological Grounding and Lived Response:
- AC2021: Engaging Our Head & Hearts In Our Shared Story (Video)
- AC2020: Written Report from the Delegation
- Resolution 19-06 (Page H-88, H-99)
- United Methodist News Service
- United Methodist Council of Bishops
- Cal-Pac Briefing on the New Proposed “Protocol” for The United Methodist Church
- Timeline of Events (UMNews)
- Comparison of GC2020 Plans (UMNews)
- “Protocol – Reconciliation and Grace Through Separation” News & Legislation
- GCFA Seeks Input on Possible Impact of Proposed Legislation to the 2020 General Conference (GCFA)