Timeline – You may apply for Provisional Membership immediately following the recommendation by your District Committee on Ordained Ministry until the first Wednesday of October of the year prior to Commissioning.
First Deadline – October 6, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. (PST)
Pre-Requisite – *Applicants for Provisional Membership must have attended the ‘Orientation to Ministry’ prior to submitting the application. If you have not attended the ‘Orientation to Ministry’ by the first Wednesday of October of the year prior to the commissioning year, the application cannot be processed. The Candidacy Summit fulfills the ‘Orientation to Ministry’ requirement.
2021 Provisional Application
- The application packet is comprised of .PDF files and online forms. The .PDF files must be downloaded (not opened), completed, and then submitted. On a Mac/Apple, please open the .PDF files with Adobe Reader (not the default Preview application) to complete and save the document.
- We strongly recommend using a recently updated browser, preferably Chrome or Firefox, to complete this application. Older browsers may be missing functionality in logical conditions.
If you choose to “Save & Resume” your application, carefully save the link and follow the instructions to have the recovery link sent to your email. This link only saves your information for 30 days. The Conference and Board are unable to retrieve “Save & Resume” URLs for you and do not have access to your work until it is submitted. Once submitted, the information on the application cannot be corrected by the applicant.
- Review your email address before submitting. If you do not receive recovery link or submission confirmation emails in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
- Download each .PDF file individually (IMPORTANT – right click on each .PDF document below & choose “SAVE.” If you choose “OPEN,” the forms WILL NOT work properly.)
*Please note – you must write all papers this year, even if you previously passed some last year. The exam questions have been significantly changed.
There are two ways to obtain the following important documents:
Option A – Download all of them as one .zip file (click here)
Option B – Download each file individually (IMPORTANT – right click on each document below & choose “SAVE.” If you choose “OPEN,” the forms WILL NOT work properly.)
- Provisional Membership Application (online)
- Personal References List Form (online)
- Provisional Membership Application Information (PDF)
- Provisional Membership Examinations (PDF)
- Disclosure (PDF)
- Medical Report (PDF)
- Credit Report (PDF)
- Official Evaluation of Field Work (online)
For questions regarding the application process, contact Rev. Diane Rehfield, Provisional Registrar, by email (email@example.com).