Guide to Summer Camps
The California-Pacific Summer Camp 2020, “Lift Our Hearts!”, is being prayed for daily and being planned to happen should the government health officials indicate that it is safe to do so for everyone involved. We know how much everyone is looking forward to the time when we can gather in person at camp outdoors in creation and community!
The Cal-Pac 2020 Summer Camp theme “Lift Our Hearts!” is from Psalm 121 which we encourage you to read and pray each day. You could even memorize it and say it while you wash your hands!
We have decided to extend the early bird discount of $50 through June 1, 2020.
Refunds of summer camp registrations fees are available at any time by requesting this in writing from the camp at which the event is to take place.
If we are not able to hold all sessions as planned due to the COVID-19 situation, we are considering the following scenarios:
- We might combine age groups into one or two sessions due to limited enrollment and timelines.
- We are setting aside one fall weekend at each location to hold summer camp reunion events which will include inviting graduating seniors from the class of 2020.
- We are continually seeking ways to engage campers and camp families in virtual gatherings online. Check out the Facebook, Instagram and other social media connections for Camp Cedar Glen, Lazy W Ranch and Camp Wrightwood.
There is an online resource for families and churches put together by the United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministries Association at the following link: A Virtual Day Camp – Camp Without Boundaries
In April, we will be posting the daily themes for “We Lift Our Hearts!” and some resources for summer camp 2020 for your use in Bible study and stay-at-home or church activities.
Our year-round camp staff has been reduced to the minimum as we find ways to sustain operations without guest group income during these few months. All those who have reduced hours or being furloughed have been moved to unemployment resources with the help of our HR office. I ask that you pray for them as we pray for you in these difficult times.
Please stay healthy and safe. As John Wesley says: Do no harm, do all the good you can, and stay in love with God. I carry the hope that we will be able to gather soon outdoors in creation and community at camp.
Our camps are overnight, Christian based programs where campers will engage in worship, small and large group activities, crafts, and games. They may also participate in activities, such as swimming, archery, ropes courses and many, many more. Three delicious meals are served each day and supervision is provided by well-trained caring staff.
Campers will grow in their faith, learn leadership skills, grow their self-esteem, develop interpersonal skills with peers and adults, make life-long friendships and have fun! Cal-Pac Summer Camps: Where everyone belongs!
Please see the overall summer schedule in The Details to choose the location, program and dates best suited for the camper’s age group. Programs this summer are offered at Cedar Glen (Julian, CA), Lazy W Ranch (San Juan Capistrano, CA) and Camp Wrightwood (Wrightwood, CA) as well as three island camp locations in Hawaii for Younger Elementary, Older Elementary, Junior High and High School youth.
NOTE: Registration is online via the button below. If you have questions about registration for a particular summer camp program please contact the site where the event is scheduled to take place: Cedar Glen (760.765.0477 or www.campcedarglen.org), Lazy W Ranch (949.728.0141 or www.lazywranch.org), Camp Wrightwood (760.249.3453 or www.campwrightwood.com). Scholarships are available and the application is included in the registration process if there is a need.
All 2020 overnight resident camps in California cost $450 per week unless otherwise indicated.
Younger Elementary Camp (grades 2-3): June 28 – July 1, 2020 [$230]
Older Elementary Camp (grades 3-6): June 28 – July 3, 2020 [$450]
Junior High Camp (grades 6-9): July 5-11, 2020 [$450]
Senior High Camp (grades 9 – graduated seniors): July 12-18, 2020 [$450]
Grand Camp (K-3): June 27-29, 2020 [updated 1/22/2020] [$100; $90 additional after 2]
2nd-3rd Elementary Camp (grades 2-3): July 6-9, 2020 [$230]
3rd-6th Elementary Camp (grades 3-6): July 6-11, 2020 [$450]
Jr High Camp (grades 6-9): July 12-18, 2020 [$450]
Sr High Camp (grade 9 – graduated seniors): July 19-25, 2020 [$450]
Adventure Camp (rising grades 7-10): June 28 – July 3, 2020 [$525]
Little Canyoneers (rising grades 1-3): June 28 – July 1, 2020 [$230]
Elementary Camp (grades 3-6): July 5-10, 2020 [$450]
Junior High Camp (grades 6-9): July 12-17, 2020 [$450]
Senior High Camp (grades 9 – graduated seniors): July 19-25, 2020 [$450]
Natural Wonders Camp (grades 6-8): July 26-31, 2020 [$525]
June 7-12, 2020 @Camp Mokule`ia on Oahu
- Elementary Camp #1 (finished grades 2-5) [$460]
- Middle School Camp #1 (finished grades 6-8) [$475]
- Senior High Camp #1 (finished grades 9-12) [$475]
June 22-26, 2020
- Elementary Day Camp (finished grades 1–5): St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Oahu [$200]
- Elementary Day Camp (finished grades 1–5): Church of the Holy Apostles, Big Island [$200]
- Elementary Day Camp (finished grades 1–5): Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Maui [$200]
July 5-7, 2020 @Camp Mokule`ia on Oahu
- Mini Camp #1 (finished grades 1-2) [$275]
July 5-10, 2020 @Camp Mokule`ia on Oahu
- Elementary Camp #2 (finished grades 2-5) [$460]
- Middle School Camp #2 (finished grades 6-8) [$475]
July 8-10, 2020 @Camp Mokule`ia on Oahu
- Mini Camp #2 (finished grades 1-2) [$275]
July 12-17, 2020 @Camp Mokule`ia on Oahu
- Elementary Camp #3 (finished grades 2-5) [$460]
- Middle School Camp #3 (finished grades 6-8) [$475]
July 13-17, 2020
- Elementary Day Camp (finished grades 1–5): Epiphany, Oahu [$200]