The Filipino Caucus Foundation will be hosting a fundraiser concert event for the Filipino Caucus’ four core programs: Christmas Institute, Faith Festival, Philippine Fiesta, and Philippine Mission.
Date: Saturday, August 12, 2023 (6:30 PM – 8:30 PM PDT)
Location: Azusa Pacific University, Upper Turner Hall (901 E. Alosta Avenue, Azusa, CA 91702)
Ticket prices: $100, $50, $40, and $30
The concert event will spotlight two of the Philippines’ best songwriters, composers, and singers–Odette Quesada and Dodgie Simon–along with cellist Matthew John Ignacio, Filipino Caucus Chorale, and surprise guest performers.
Through the generosity of our supporters, the Filipino Caucus was able to offer the following programs this past year:
- Faith Festival held on April 10 at First UMC National City broke our two-year isolation from each other due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Philippine Fiesta in celebration of Philippine culture and independence on June 12 at Santa Ana UMC
- “Pasasalamat” in celebration of the Caucus’ 50th anniversary on November 20, 2022, at Santa Ana UMC
- Christmas Institute winter youth retreat on December 17, 2022, at First UMC Wilmington
- Philippine Mission on February 10-12, 2023, for the dedication of the new sanctuary of Balingog East UMC in Guimba, Nueva Ecija, Philippines. The mission was funded by a Filipino Caucus grant of $15,000 and also included a revival service, medical clinic, school supplies and slippers give-away, sanitation project (10 communal toilets constructed in the community for the benefit of 100 families), and groceries give-away.
Tickets can be purchased through https://aputickets.universitytickets.com/ or by calling 626.815.5494.