The Echo Park UMC Refugee Welcome Center is collecting food items in a “box” (see list below) for a community outreach event on July 10. If you are able, please consider making a monetary donation to sponsor a box OR drop-off items during designated times before July 7.
To make a donation via PayPal, click here. (Please select “Refugee Welcome Center” in the select box for this effort.)
Drop-offs for donations at Echo Park UMC (1226 N Alvarado St, Los Angeles, CA 90026) on the following dates:
- June 28 – July 2 (10am – 1pm)
- July 4 (10am – 12pm)
- July 6 (5pm – 8pm)
Please call/text Naylea at 323.333.2416 if you are going to drop off during one of the times above.
Each box costs approximately $75 and should contain the following:
- bag of sugar (4-5 lbs or greater)
- bag of uncooked white rice (5 lbs or greater)
- bag of uncooked or canned (cooked) black or pinto beans (5 lbs or greater)
- bag of pancake mix (2 lbs / 32 oz or greater)
- honey (12 oz or greater)
- corn flour (4 lbs or greater)
- dried spaghetti pasta (4 lbs / 64 oz or greater)
- tomato sauce (32 oz or greater)
- cooking oil (canola or vegetable) (48 oz or greater)
- corn or flour Tortillas, Soft Taco Size (pack of 50 or greater)
- instant coffee (10 oz or greater)
- fruit juice (64 oz or greater)
- dish soap (24 oz or greater)
- sponges for dishwashing (3 pack or greater)
For questions, please contact Naylea at 323.333.2416.