Dates: California & Hawaii: Thursdays, December 1-22, 2022 (7 PM - 8 PM PST | 5 PM - 6 PM HST) Guam & Saipan: Fridays, December 2-23, 2022 (1
- California & Hawaii: Thursdays, December 1-22, 2022 (7 PM – 8 PM PST | 5 PM – 6 PM HST)
- Guam & Saipan: Fridays, December 2-23, 2022 (1 PM – 2 PM ChST)
RSVP Deadline: none – RSVP at your convenience for the Zoom link.
All United Methodists are invited to participate in this Advent study. This Advent study will be facilitated by District Superintendents from the California-Pacific Conference.
The California-Pacific Conference has a vision of ending spiritual and physical hunger. Throughout the Advent Season, you are invited to join a weekly video-based, online study and discussion to explore ways you can prepare here and now for what lies ahead.
Each session will be 60 minutes and will feature a video of a Cal-Pac ministry that is living and leading into our vision. The discussions will center on various scripture readings, discussions about the theme, and some practical applications for each participant.
The Scripture text at each session will be:
- December 1 | HOPE | Matthew 24:36-44
- December 8 | PEACE | Matthew 3: 1-12
- December 15 | LOVE | Luke 1: 46b-55
- December 22 | JOY | Matthew 1: 18-25
Zoom Meeting information will be included in the RSVP confirmation email. A reminder email will be sent on Friday, November 30, 2022.
- Technical requirements: To participate in Zoom meetings, participants must have a reliable Internet connection, and a laptop, tablet, or smartphone device that can download and install the Zoom app. A web or phone camera and a microphone are highly recommended, although some users may call in via phone if a mic is not available.