Dates: August 15 (12:30 PM PDT) - August 17, 2023 (Noon PDT) Location: Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa (44-400 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, CA
Dates: August 15 (12:30 PM PDT) – August 17, 2023 (Noon PDT)
Location: Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa (44-400 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, CA 92210)
Registration Cost: $325 (includes all 5 meals, starting with dinner on Tuesday through breakfast on Thursday), less hotel room
- Spouse/Child: $250 (for meals only)
- If spouses want to attend the training, they must register and pay the regular registration cost.
- Childcare will be available for any registered child at no cost.
Registration due: July 20, 2023
This event is for Clergy of the Cal-Pac Conference.
Bishop Dottie Escobedo-Frank and the Orders Executive Committee invite clergy and lay persons assigned to come to the Clergy Convocation.
This is a Continuing Education event for clergy and lay persons assigned for learning and conversation, as well as meaningful time for relaxation and connecting. Participants will hear the message of Rev. Dr. Kirk Byron Jones and Bishop Dottie Escobedo-Frank. All will meet together with their Districts as well as the opportunity for the Order of Elders, Order of Deacons, and Local Pastors to meet in covenantal groups.
Guest Speaker: Rev. Dr. Kirk Byron Jones
We are excited to welcome Rev. Dr. Jones as our speaker for the 2023 California-Pacific Annual Conference Clergy Convocation. The focus of his presentations will be clergy burnout and the importance of true care of the self.
- Recommended Books by Rev. Dr. Kirk Byron Jones: Rest in the Storm (20th Anniversary Edition), Fulfilled, and Soul Talk
The Orders Executive Committee invites you to join us at Indian Wells for learning and conversation, as well as meaningful time for relaxation and connecting.
Hotel Rate: $145 per night, plus a $5 per night resort fee (total per night with taxes and fees is $173.78; total for the two nights is $347.56). Each hotel room may have up to 4 people at no additional fee. The hotel rate does not include your registration fee. You must pay the registration fee separately to receive meals with the group and attend the event. Rates for the hotel will increase after the deadline.
Why you should book with the group and not on other websites: Please help us to meet our contract with the hotel by booking your room with the link below or calling the hotel directly and reserve under the Clergy Convocation Group to receive the lower room rate. Our contract with the hotel is based on a certain number of rooms and meals. When you book this hotel directly, you increase our likelihood of fulfilling the contract, which helps the rates for everybody. We also need all participants to register so that we meet our contracted meals.
Hotel Reservation Link: https://book.passkey.com/go/CALPACClergyConvocation
If you call the hotel directly to book your room, let them know you are booking with the Clergy Convocation Group to receive the lower room rate: 760.773.4444.
Continuing Education Event: This is a continuing education event for Clergy of the California-Pacific Annual Conference.
- If you are not currently a provisional member, ordained clergy, appointed as a local pastor or appointed as a lay person assigned in the California-Pacific Annual Conference, please get pre-approval from your District Superintendent in order to attend. The Clergy Convocation is designed and formatted as a continuing education event for clergy.
Scholarships: There are scholarships available from the Board of Ordained Ministry out of the Ministerial Education Funds and The California-Pacific United Methodist Foundation this year. Each District Superintendent may approve a limited number of scholarships given for registration for this event.
- If your local church is not able to sponsor you to attend and you do not have other funds to help, you are welcome to select the “Request a Ministerial Education Fund Scholarship” at the bottom of the Registration Form. Your District Superintendent will have to approve the request for these funds.
- For Ordained Clergy, if you have not applied for your Continuing Education funds for this Quadrennium, you may apply to attend this event on the Orders Executive Committee website at www.calpacumc.org/bom/Orders. Request for a scholarship first to see if it is available through the Clergy Convocation Scholarship funds, don’t apply for the Continuing Education funds until you hear back to see if you are awarded this scholarship. Also, please do not send a registration payment until you hear back from the Registrar.
- Scholarships are not guaranteed so the earlier you register the better.
- Scholarships are not available for spouses and children to attend.
We thank the Board of Ordained Ministry and the California-Pacific United Methodist Foundation for their generous support.
For questions, please contact the Associate Director of Board of Ordained Ministry & Orders Executive Committee, Cathy Wilson, at email@example.com.