27mar11:00 AMHawaii District Listening Session 2021 (Laity Council)11:00 AM HST
Date: Hawaii: Saturday, March 27, 2021 (11 AM HST) - [California: 2 PM PDT] Guam & Saipan: Sunday, March 28, 2021 (7 AM ChST) Location: Zoom This event is for
- Hawaii: Saturday, March 27, 2021 (11 AM HST) – [California: 2 PM PDT]
- Guam & Saipan: Sunday, March 28, 2021 (7 AM ChST)
This event is for our Cal-Pac laity, church leaders, parishioners, and clergy in local churches.
The Conference invites our laity, church leaders, parishioners, and pastors to our Laity Council sponsored listening sessions. Our Executive Director of Connectional Ministries Mrs. Erin Hawkins-Smith and the District Superintendents will be joining us to celebrate the joys and success of the lay ministries, while sharing the challenges on our minds and hearts regarding our missions in this time of uncertainty.
We will begin with the following three questions to start the conversation:
- In the midst of racism, COVID-19, natural disasters, homelessness, aging and economic inequality, what are the laity ministries celebrating in your local church?
- Please share the challenges that the laity ministries are facing during this difficult time.
- How can the Laity Council and the conference support the laity ministries in your local church?
Technical requirements: To participate in Zoom meetings, participants must have a reliable Internet connection, and a laptop, tablet, or smartphone device that can download and install the Zoom app. A web or phone camera and a microphone are highly recommended, although some users may call in via phone if a mic is not available.
For the Zoom link, please look for the event announcement in your email account subscribed to the Cal-Pac Conference emailing list.