Do you have a passion for helping congregations become more accessible and welcoming to people with disabilities? Do you believe that anyone with any type of limitation needs to worship the living God? And maybe that they are called to lead worship?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, please join our Disability Ministries Team! We are few in number and we need to increase in size to accomplish more! We offer grants annually and we have done trainings and outreach. We have long talked about holding an event with other ministry teams because disability ministries intersects with many other groups, but we just don’t have enough people to be able to put the work together. Maybe you can help us make this idea reality!
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Attend 2-4 Zoom or e-mail meetings per year.
- Volunteer for tasks such as planning for an event, processing grant applications and contacting applicants when needed, attending events such as annual conference and helping out at outreach opportunities such as Abilities Expo in Los Angeles.
- Contributing ideas that you are excited about and taking on tasks that you are passionate about.
- Passion for helping congregations become more accessible and welcoming to people with disabilities.
- Able to share ideas with the rest of the team.
- Be able to use Zoom and e-mail.
- Optional: Write clearly and well, make a short video to teach others an aspect of Disability Ministry, make phone calls to ask grant applicants questions and perhaps make suggestions about their projects.
- Whatever else would contribute to the ministry.
For questions, contact Sharon McCart at firstname.lastname@example.org.